Thursday, March 3, 2011

30 Second to Mars' "This is War" Album Achieves Victory

This is a group who until now have somehow ignored. They are a alternative rock group that seem to know what there doing.  A friend suggested this album and am now hooked. This is there third album released. The CD has some awesome tracks and an overall great sound. The instruments are great and at times the beats are so engrossing and rhythmic I feel like I'm somewhere else when hearing it. This would be great music to hear when working out or going on a long trip. The only weak point I can speak of is the vocals at times could use some touch-ups but are otherwise acceptable. One of my favorite tracks is Kings and Queens. It has a nice beat that carries you through a nice song. Another track that caught my ear was Hurricane it has an awesome synthesizer that pulls the whole song together and keeps you mesmerized. Closer to the Edge is another song that has an almost epic ballad sense to it that makes you want to sing at the top of your lungs, and once I learn the words I probably will. This is a great CD that if you haven't heard and enjoy some good alt. rock you should check this out.

Final Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment