Monday, March 14, 2011

'True Grit' Gets Down and Dirty

This film directed by the Cohen brothers (No Country for Old Men)  Features two big name actors, Jeff Bridges (Tron) and Matt Damon (The Bourne Trilogy), in roles that for Damon didn't seem at first fitting but turned out for both to work out well. This movie has Hailee Steinfeild in her first major film , as the grieving daughter out for revenge o the man who killed her father. This movie though it has a serious story seems to be more comical than I expected. You get Bridges as a Marshall who is a drunk who seems to be a little off his game. Mix in Damon a Texas Ranger who seems to just be out trying to make a name for himself. Steinfield has a sharp tongue and says what's on her mind which makes for some great lines. For a western there isn't as much gun toting as I expected but when these scenes do happen I was holding my breathe waiting to see the outcome. This was a great film with great actors. There never seemed to be a lull in action and had me interested the whole time. This is a must see that I wish I had seen even sooner.

Final Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment